Re: Urgent! -- New Debian 3.1R2 install -- Nvidia card not recognized: fuzzy desktop, 640X480 resolution

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 19:13 +1000, Arafangion wrote:
> Benjamin Sher wrote:
>
> > Dear friends:
> >
> > My installation is such a mess that I've decided to start from
> > scratch. Problem is I don't know where I went wrong. Did I download
> > the right CD's?
> >
> > Thank you all again.
> >
> > Benjamin
>
> The CD's you have will install Debian.
> I recommend you use Stable's installation CD's, rather than Unstable.
>
> Please don't wipe the setup and just re-install while asking for help on
> this list, as I doubt that your system was truely messed up.

Hi.
I use sarge, but the following may help.
Try this:
apt-get install x-window-system-core
dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xfree86

The second line may need fixing due to changes between etch and sarge.
Maybe a kind expert will react to this post and fix it as necessary.
C.