Re: Urgent! -- New Debian 3.1R2 install -- Nvidia card not recognized: fuzzy desktop, 640X480 resolution

Benjamin Sher wrote:

> Dear friends:
>
> My installation is such a mess that I've decided to start from
> scratch. Problem is I don't know where I went wrong. Did I download
> the right CD's?
>
> Thank you all again.
>
> Benjamin

The CD's you have will install Debian.
I recommend you use Stable's installation CD's, rather than Unstable.

Please don't wipe the setup and just re-install while asking for help on
this list, as I doubt that your system was truely messed up.