Dealing with duped messages [Re: Installing HylaFAX....]

Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (15/05/06 18:18), Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>
>>P.S.  I know that Clive reads the list.  I don't think you need to CC
>>him.  (I don't to speak for him, but I know that I already get plenty of
>>email every day without people CCing me on list postings).
>

> Thanks Roberto, it doesn't really bother me 'cos read by thread in mutt
> makes it's pretty trivial to delete duplicates as I zap through the posts
> from various debian lists. I really must get the appropriate line in my
> muttrc to de-dupe automatically; I read the man page but haven't stumped
> up the courage to try it in case I lose something important.  Perhaps a
> test account might be prudent :)

This is one feature hat I missed when I switched away from Cyrus as my
IMAP server.  Cyrus has the ability to identify duplicate messages (even
from different sources, like when someone replies to you on list and CCs
you).  If it notices that a message is a duplicate of one that has
already been delivered, it will not deliver it again.  Very handy.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto