Re: Validating AVI files

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 17:26 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 21:30 +0200, Christoph Nenning wrote:
> > Am Montag, 15. Mai 2006 06:42 schrieb Ron Johnson:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a CLI tool for validating that AVI files are
> > > "correct", i.e., no skipped frames, no garbage, no audio drift,
> > > etc?
> > >
> > > I've Googled, but haven't found anything exactly like I want.
> > > I've tried the tools in avifile-utils but they don't seem to do
> > > exactly what I want.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > maybe avidemux ?
>
> It's not a console app, but seems to do what I want.

But then, no.  I deliberately corrupted an AVI file, and Tools->
"Check Frames" zoomed right by the corruption. :(

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If the history of the past fifty years teaches us anything, it
is that peace does not follow disarmament -- disarmament follows
peace."
Bernard M Baruch