Re: Webbased bookmark managers

lists-debian@latendresse.de schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to install a webbased bookmark manager on my server, any
> comments appreciated.
>
> Here is my list of requisites to such a program:
>
> 1. Open Source (of course)
> 2. Using SQL databse for data storage (PostgreSQL preferred)
> 3. Does not simply use folders for categories, but inheritable tags,
> meaning:
[...]
> 4. Multiuser (per user bookmarks + public bookmarks)
> 5. Export to browsers (not necesseraly though, if SQL databse used.)
>
> As stated above, any suggestions welcome.

I think SiteBar (http://sitebar.org/downloads.php ) might be something
for you.

> The only one I know is scuttle
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/scuttle/) though I did not take a look
> at it yet.

There is also insipid (http://www.neuro-tech.net/insipid/), which has
the AFAIK unique feature of making snapshots of webpages, but seems not
very actively developped.

If you don't insist on hosting your own bookmark server, did you already
try the delicous service (http://del.icio.us/ )? It has IME still the
best user interface if you choose a good browser extension.

hope that helps,
guido