Re: gimp and printing

2006. május 14. 01:36,
Paul Stolp <paulywall@myrealbox.com>
-> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> * LeVA <leva@az.isten.hu> [2006-05-13 13:59]:
> > cupsys-client packages. Now I can select my printers from gimp. But still
> > need a 710c driver; choosing a hp printer with the "closest number" (ie.
> > 690 or 810c) is not the best option. I read that gimp can use ppd files,
> > and I can get a ppd file for my printer from linuxprinting.org, but I
> > don't know where to put it to make gimp recognize it. I'm working on
> > this.
>
> I think if you have it working under cups, you should
> already have a ppd under /etc/cups/ppd/ . You can
Yes I have. I've selected the 710c's ppd in Gimp.
> follow the instructions under "The Gimp" on
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/ppd-doc.html
Selected the "PostScript Level 2" and the right PPD file.

Quote from http://www.linuxprinting.org/ppd-doc.html :
"After closing the dialog with "OK" the fields for the options ("Media Size",
"Media Source", ...) will contain the choices according to your printer."

But unfortunately there is an empty space and no "Media Source" or any fields.
If I select any printer model/vendor from the list offered by gimp, those
fields are present, but not with a user-defined PPD file.

Daniel

--
LeVA