Re: gimp and printing

2006. május 13. 20:07,
Paul Stolp <paulywall@myrealbox.com>
-> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> * LeVA <leva@az.isten.hu> [2006-05-13 12:27]:
> > 2006. május 13. 18:58,
> > Paul Stolp <paulywall@myrealbox.com>
> >
> > -> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> > > * LeVA <leva@az.isten.hu> [2006-05-13 11:36]:
> > >
> > > Sorry, I've deleted your context, but you were asking
> > > how to get a HP 710C printer working with CUPS.
> >
> > Not really, I wrote that it is working with cups. I want to print from
> > gimp, but it can not detect cups' printers, and it hasn't got 710c
> > driver.
> >
> > Daniel
>
> Sorry, went to archives to re-read thread. I see Linas
> has you on the right path. In the setup printer dialog
> you /should/ be able to select Standard Command and
> pick your hp 710c Printer Queue from the dropdown list.
> I don't think you need to worry about the Printer Make
> / Printer Model section. If you don't have a print
> queue, you may need to install cupsys-bsd.
>
> My standard command is lp -s -d 'name_of_queue'
>
> Hope this helps.
Thanks, now it is working! I had to install the cupsys-bsd and the
cupsys-client packages. Now I can select my printers from gimp. But still
need a 710c driver; choosing a hp printer with the "closest number" (ie. 690
or 810c) is not the best option. I read that gimp can use ppd files, and I
can get a ppd file for my printer from linuxprinting.org, but I don't know
where to put it to make gimp recognize it. I'm working on this.

Thanks again!

Daniel

--
LeVA