Re: script with date operation??

On 5/13/06, Stephen R Laniel <steve@laniels.org> wrote:
That sort of work is precisely why I do it in Perl. Because
then you start getting into messiness with leap years,
timezones, etc., etc., etc. There's a reason that time
libraries are hard to write. :-) Perl's done all the work
for you; be lazy.

What do leap years have to do with it?  Leap *seconds*, maybe, but I'm
willing to be off on the count of days by a few seconds.  If timezones
are a real problem, you can always specify the timezone after the
year.  date has done all the work for you.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh