Re: Begin: Waiting for root filesystem

 I have been trying to use Etch now for a few weeks I had it installed
and was working and then one day i update and
it hangs at the Begin: waiting for root file system. So i have waited
and waited even downloaded a new ISO image tonight and tried that and
install then do a update and bingo bango hanging at the same message
again. WTF is going on.

Hey, I had this problem again and I remember how I fixed it before.

I edited the file "/etc/kernel-img.conf" to add the line:

ramdisk = /usr/sbin/mkinitrd.yaird

And then regenerated the initrd image.

dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.16-1-amd64-8-smp

And I could boot. It seems this is an error while creating
the initrd image.

Regards.

--
http://arhuaco.org/