Re: Mail issues

Hi Richard,

Am 2006-05-11 16:17:43, schrieb Richard:
> Looking for a simple method of doing this:
> Main reason for the changes, lost 255,000 email in a mbox format.
> corrupted.
>
> First:
> Don't want to store email into any kind of box
> ie. Mbox

You should use Maildir...

> Want email to be retrieved from Pop3 accounts,
> and (spam filter applied) and moved into folders,
> as pure text (.txt) asii

Mbox is text/plain, samfor maildir and mh.  But with Maildir,
each message ist stored seperatly which solv many problems.

> Second:
> Want a reader, that can read emails, in those folders,
> and give function, like delete, and reply, and add sender,
> to address list.

mutt,  looks a littlebit outdated, but is the best one somone can use

> Third:
> Would like to send email out, in some kind of small,
> word processor (spell checker, etc...)
> FYI:
> I used to used a program on a Mac called Nisus emailer,
> that cool feature, of this program, I can be in ANY word process,
> or text editor, and do this:
>
> To: john@apple.com
> Subject: New updates
> --
> Blah, Blah,
>
> Then just select all, and drag to a mail icon on the desktop,
> and off it went... Saving a copy of a pure text doc. (in the sent folder)

Hmmm, it would be nice to code a wm* app...

I write such messages too and send it with

        sendmail -t <text_message

So, codg a small GTK+2.0 GUI around it, which
support Drag-N-Drop would be no problem

> And all incoming emails were parsed, and save a pure text doc,
> into folders.

fetchmal -> procmail

> Nisus had bad filters.. ( needed allot work )

> I was hoping for something like this in Linux, since Linux has more
> option than mac.
>
> ... Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks +++
> Rich

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)