gnome 2.14, unstable, pdf files in nautilus

Seems to be a rather strange issue with a variety of PDF files which
misidentify themselves as text files for some reason but yet if I open
them with acroread on the command line or choose Open With -> and choose
Document Viewer or Acroread, it works fine.  Seems somewhere that mime
type for PDF is somewhat hosed because the files most definitely are PDF
and if I do a file on them they show up that way.  Not the case for all
PDFs definitely and I cannot pin down if there are certain conditions
that make it happen in Nautilus.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try --Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org