Gnome works KDE does not

Hi

I have one problem with the installation of debian on my PC that I hope you can give me advice on how to solve. My PC is a standard P4 with 256 ram and 80GB hd.

I have installed debian sarge on my laptop (Dell Latitude) successfully. I used the installer that installed a desktop configuration with KDE and GNOME. Everything works, including installing some packages from the internet.

I then installed debian on my PC. Everything works in GNOME.

However when I use KDE and as soon as I open Konqueror, the harddrive comes on and it sits there accessing whatever on the drive. The system seems to "hang" - no response from mouse or keyboard. I then have to reset.

I would appreciate some advice on this please.

Mark