Re: emacs21-bin-common package broken

On 5/8/06, Carl D. Blake <carl@boeckeler.com> wrote:
I've been trying to install emacs21 on unstable for the last few days
and aptitude keeps reporting that emacs21-bin-common package is broken.
I keep waiting thinking that the problem will be resolved, but nothing
has been done about it.  aptitude reports that the following packages
have unmet dependencies:
        emacs21-bin-common: Depends: emacs21-common (=21.4a-3) but it is not
installable

I've noticed that emacs21-common 21.4a-3.1 is available, but when I
install that version aptitude reports that emacs21-bin-common needs
21.4a-3, but 21.4a-3.1 is installed.

A bug report was filed something like a week ago.  It's being worked
on.  It sounds like it was a non-trivial issue.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh