How to use Debian Kernel + md + lvm2

What do I need to configure to use a stock debian kernel with md
and lvm? I have been searching the Net for several days for
answers to this problem.

I have been compiling my own (Debian source based) kernel with md
(autostart) and lvm compiled in for many years. Currently at
2.6.16.

I would like to convert to a Debian standard kernel to ease
maintenance as module requirents change frequently.

I 'apt-get installed' the stock Debian Kernel
linux-image-2.6.16-1-686-smp and updated lilo conf appropriately.

when booting off the Debian Kernel I get messages:

Mounting ... no such file or directory.

>From the busybox shell, can I modprobe md but lvm drivers do not
appear to be included. If I cd to
/lib/modules/2.6.*smp/kernel/drivers there are only md and acpi.

Do I neet to configure initramfs-tools (Not using yaird) to
include lvm in the initrd image? How? The initramfs-tools
manpages are detailed but do not give an overview.

--
Thank you.

----

Regards

Jeff Ewing
Midrange Hosting Services - VIC & SA
Email: jeff.ewing@eds.com
Tel: +61(0)3-9921-4116
Mobile: +61(0)411-233-871
Web: http://mhs-nv.au.eds.com/

If you would like to leave feedback on your experience with the team,
please click on URL [2]http://challenger.au.eds.com/survey.htm to
complete our survey