Re: ipw2200 wireless network card stops working

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 11:53:42PM +0100, Digby Tarvin wrote:
> I have also been getting warning messages from the driver which I
> originally thought might be related, but though they were being
> generated about once an hour on Friday, I have been waiting for
> a recurrnce since the first post on this subject (so that I could
> include the content in my response), and though I
> have had one network lockup since, I have not had any more of the
> messages - so I now suspect the messages are triggered by some
> interaction with other wireless activity - probably from nearby
> offices which are not doing anything on the weekend.

Further to my earlier post - sure enough the warning messages
resumed at 9:00am on Monday morning (although I havn't had any
more lockups yet). The text of the driver messages is always:
	ipw2200: Unknown notification: subtype=40,flags=0xa0,size=40

Anyone know what this means? At times it is so frequent as to make
working on a text console almost impossible.

I am guessing that this would not be observed in an evironment with
fewer nearby competing wireless networks.

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com