Re: ipw2200 wireless network card stops working

Anton Piatek wrote:
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has had problems with their ipw2200 network
card losing connection after a while.
It can vary between a minute and twenty before the connection stops, and
I cannot figure out why.

I don't *think* I have anything running trying to reconfigure it, and it
still has the right ip address and routes set after it dies, I just
cannot ping anything apart from my own NIC.

I have tried a 2.6.15 and .16 kernel with the builtin iee80211 stack and
ipw2200 drivers, and even the latest stable and testing ipw drivers (and
new firmware and matchin ieee stack).

I had a similar problem when I upgraded linux-image from 2.6.11 to 2.6.15. No sensible info in the logs, but finally I checked out the parameters for the ipw2200 module and tried hwcrypo=0. That made it. I have put it in /etc/modules:

ipw2200 hwcrypto=0 led=1

(led=1 turns on the wireless LED)

I'm using the ipw2200 and ieee80211* modules from the linux-image package.

--
Oddbjørn