Re: Warning: Latest Kernel Sources on Sid

On Monday 08 May 2006 17:10, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:04 +0300, David Baron wrote:

> > > I noticed this too. I am using nvidia module. I just did (after booting
> > > in the new kernel version):
> > > #> m-a auto-install nvidia
> > >
> > > and it seemed to have done the trick.
> >
> > The Nvidia driver I downloaded from Nvidia comes with its own .run file
> > which does more than simply check and recompile the driver (too much
> > actually for a repeat compile!). Would m-a "know" to run this?
> >
> > Other modules need to be made with various arguments pointing to kernel
> > source directory, etc.
>
> m-a == Debian's Module Assistant.
>
> Yes, it will get the stuff proper for the driver.
>
> Now the library links are taken care of by the nvidia-glx and
> nvidia-glx-dev packages.

Neither module effected was from a Debian package, however.
Kqemu is "non-free" and made from source.
The nvidia videa driver was downloaded from their site and as I said, it has
its own installation program. (What is the difference between what is on
Debian and theirs?)