Re: Warning: Latest Kernel Sources on Sid

On Sunday 07 May 2006 23:17, H.S. wrote:
> David Baron wrote:
> > You may get the following on modules previously compiled against kernel
> > sources:
> >
> > YourModule disagrees about version of symbol register_chrdev
> > YourModule Unknown symbol register_chrdev
> >
> > Kqemu and Nvidia's driver were hit by this. Easy enough to fix--recompile
> > 'em.
> >
> > Realtime-lsm seemed to get by unscathed.
>
> I noticed this too. I am using nvidia module. I just did (after booting
> in the new kernel version):
> #> m-a auto-install nvidia
>
> and it seemed to have done the trick.

The Nvidia driver I downloaded from Nvidia comes with its own .run file which
does more than simply check and recompile the driver (too much actually for a
repeat compile!). Would m-a "know" to run this?

Other modules need to be made with various arguments pointing to kernel source
directory, etc.