Re: xmms and the vorbis plugin

On 05/07/2006 12:30 PM, LeVA wrote:
> 2006. május 7. 17:21,
> Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net>
> -> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
>> On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 13:24 +0200, LeVA wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I can not make this plugin work. I've installed the xmms package, which
>>> comes with an ogg input plugin, but when I enqueue an ogg file, xmms
>>> *slowly* loads the file, and when I try to play it, xmms just jumps to
>>> the next track, and doesn't play the ogg file.
>>> Anyone managed to get an ogg file played with xmms?
>> Check to make sure that you have libogg0, libvorbis0a and libvorbisfile3
>> installed. The xmms package Recommends them but it does NOT Depend on
>> them. (Since xmms will still "work" without being able to play ogg
>> files.)
> Okay, thanks, I have those installed, and still can not play ogg files :\
> Mplayer plays the same ogg file.

Plugin?!  What plugin? Could be the problem:

man xmms |grep Ogg
[...] By default XMMS can play MPEG audio, Ogg Vorbis,

ogg files play fine for me with xmms on sarge:
~$ dpkg -l |grep xmms
ii  xmms           1.2.10+cvs2005 Versatile X audio player that looks
like Win
ii  xmms-xmmplayer 0.3.3-1        XMMS plugin that uses MPlayer to play
video

And I do not have those files installed either:
~$ ls  libogg0 libvorbis0a libvorbisfile3
ls: libogg0: No such file or directory
ls: libvorbis0a: No such file or directory
ls: libvorbisfile3: No such file or directory

Good luck!

Ralph