Re: screwed console [help, please]

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Anton Piatek wrote:
Mauro Condarelli wrote:

Kent West wrote:

Mauro Condarelli wrote:
Question is:
How can I reset /dev/tty1 from another virtual console (other
consoles work ok).
How about killing the getty process on tty1? It should restart
automagically I believe.
No way.
It restarts, but the console remains in the weird state.
Is it possible none has an answer to this?

Thanks, anyway!
ZioNemo

Sounds like something more serious than just he console out of its
normal state.

Check /etc/inittab and check that it looks alright. If killing the tty1
process does not fix it, i doubt a reboot will...

Anton

Bet that a reboot will. Hate to say it.
I've enough disappearing cursors, disappearing paste/copy from gpm to prove it.

None of those are fixed the Debian way.

Case in point:

Just lost the cursor on vt1. After killing a GUI that would not exit.

Nothing gets it back. echo -e '\033[?86c'  does not.
Running console-screen.sh again does not.
Other vt's still have the cursor.