Re: ALERT! /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell...

>> Fawad Nazir wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I installing Ubuntu 5.10 with 2.6.16 kernel. Everything went well but
My first suspicion is that your / partition has some sort of filesystem
that is not recognized by the kernel, such as ReiserFS (I don't know if
ReiserFS is recognized by the kernel or not; this is just an example).
You may have to convert your / partition to a more readily-recognized
format, such as ext3, or recompile your kernel to contain the driver for
whatever format you have.

But as I say, this is just a suspicion.

--
Kent