Re: etch udev not working with bttv capture card nor via82xx sound? WAS Re: upgrading gnome-desktop-environment broke via82xx sound

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 09:38:16AM -0400, B. Bogart wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> So after a little more digging I see that my third video capture device
> (bttv) is also not working, in fact according to the kernel and dmesg it
> is registered to /dev/video2, but there is no such device file.
>
> So I bet udev is not working right, not creating the correct devices for
> sound, nor for this video card.
>
> So I guess gnome-desktop-environment depends on a new version of udev.
>
> How can I get back my old sarge udev without breaking the other packages?
>
> Or fix etch udev so that it works (at least for my video capture and
> sound).

Probably there arent default rules for those devices, so you'll have
to write them. Its fairly straightforward. look here:

http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html