Re: dhcpcd loses IP address after update [debian unstable]

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:35:56 +0100, Anton Piatek wrote:
> What other programs cause similar behaviour? (like zeroconf)
> I been wrestling with my wireless card and it keeps dropping my
> connection after a while. i thought it was my driver, but it is probably
> something like zeroconf (and I will check when I get out of work),
>
> What is it about the ifconfig listing that gives it away as running
> zeroconf?

Seeing an IP address in the 169.254.0.0/16 range. This is a "private"
range which is often used for "ad-hoc" networks without a gateway (for
example to exchange data between two laptops directly). The purpose of
zeroconf is to make it easy set this up, but unfortunately it does so
even if it is not wanted.

--
Regards,
          Florian