Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Matthias Julius wrote:

>>Please repeay after me, "It is not the government's responsibility
>>to be a nanny."  People need to take responsibility for themselves
>>and their own actions.  The abrogation of personal responsibility is
>>one of the greatest travesties of the 20th century.
>

> You don't see the possibility that people are not responsible for
> their misfortune?  How do you want to make a child responsible for his
> parents not being able to pay school tuition?

Please explain to me why schooling must be treated differently from food
clothing and medical care.  Really, explain it.  If a parent neglects
his or her child, the child suffers.  This is no different.  Your
argument is like saying that because the government does not ration food
out to everyone, if a parent doesn't feed his child that the child is
made responsible.  That is patently absurd.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto