Re: Screen resolution

Stephen Cormier writes:

> Get out the manual/search online for the specifications for the
> horizontal and
> vertical refresh rates for the screen/monitor. Then use advanced when
> reconfiguring and put in the values when asked, Debian always sets up the
> refresh rates too low which stops you from getting the higher resolutions.

I don't know the horizontal and vertical refresh rates of my screen,
I should search for them online.
Anyway, the problem seems to be solved now since I run
'$ dpkg-reconfigure -pmedium xserver.xfree86' again and properly
selected '1024×768' as screen resolution, using the 'space' key.
Now the ouput of 'xrandr' is:

 SZ:    Pixels          Physical       Refresh
*0   1024 x 768    ( 260mm x 195mm )  *61
 1    800 x 600    ( 260mm x 195mm )   73
 2    640 x 480    ( 260mm x 195mm )   73
Current rotation - normal
Current reflection - none
Rotations possible - normal
Reflections possible - none

, and the output of 'xdpyinfo':

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (260x195 millimeters)
  resolution:    100x100 dots per inch
  depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
  root window id:    0x3a
  depth of root window:    24 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
  default colormap:    0x20
  default number of colormap cells:    256

. I didn't know I had to use the 'space' key to select and unselct values,
that's why it didn't work: I hit 'enter'.
I'm new with debian and still don't handle very well the installation debian
tool.

Thanks indeed,
Rodolfo