Re: Screen resolution

On Saturday 29 April 2006 18:05, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi, Debian users.
>
> I strongly suspect that my screen resolution is lower than it should be:
> everything appears very big.
> Is there a way to check up the real performed resolution?
> And a way to make it be what it should?
> When I run 'dpkg-reconfigure -pmedium xserver-xfree86',
> the resolution displayed is never what I put: 1024×768.
> I have Sarge 3.1 stable.
>
> I got no help from the debian-laptop mailing list.
> I hope someone can point me to the right way.
>
> Thanks,
> Rodolfo

Get out the manual/search online for the specifications for the horizontal and
vertical refresh rates for the screen/monitor. Then use advanced when
reconfiguring and put in the values when asked, Debian always sets up the
refresh rates too low which stops you from getting the higher resolutions.

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc