Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Apr 29, 2006, at 11:21 PM, Christopher Nelson wrote:

I admit, I made a misjudging--for the *same amount* I'll pay in
education taxes over my life.  But there's another point.  I'm paying
those taxes my entire working life, which I sure hope is longer than 12
years that my children will go through public school!

It's 13yrs, including K. Don't forget to multiply by the number of children and add in the transportation costs when you do your figuring. You might also want to add the cost of insuring your children's education should your working life be suddenly terminated, whether by accident or employers choice.