Re: Cant install Sarge on my new laptop

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 04:56:00PM +0100, Zouari Fourat wrote:
> i cant use lspci in shell mode, unrecognized command

please don't top post. It makes it difficult for others to follow the
conversation.

> On 4/28/06, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> >
> >On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 01:52:10PM +0300, Zouari Fourat wrote:
> >> i've tried with both netinstall and business card install cd, it does
> >not
> >> recognize my hard disk, so i cant partition.
> >

> >switch to a terminal while you're in the installer and lspci -v, see
> >what you can find for disk controllers. You may have to manually
> >insmod the drivers for your disk.

we're trying to find out what chipset is controlling your
hard-drive. One way to get that is with lspci. You could use a live-CD
like Knoppix and likely get it from there. Any other method you have
to get the information would likely work.