Re: Cant install Sarge on my new laptop

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 01:31:14PM +0200, Zouari Fourat wrote:
> am trying to install debian sarge 3.1r1 (netinstall, expert26 at boot)
> on my new Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop and it wont install, telling
> me :
>
> Linux kernel modules needed to drive some of your hardware are not
> available yet. Simply proceeding with the install may make these
> modules available later.
>
> The unavailable modules, and the devices that need them are:
> ide-scsi(Linux IDE-SCSI emulation layer), ide-mod(Linux IDE driver),
> ide-prob-mod(Linux IDE probe driver), ide-detect(Linux IDE detection),
> ide-floppy(Linux IDE floppy).

so, did you proceed with the install? I don't think the above is
necessarily a critical problem. Those drivers just aren't on the
install disk (floppy, right?) and you need to get them from
somewhere. If you're doing a net install, you've got to load the net
drivers from the net-drivers.img floppy and then you can grab the disk
drivers off the net. I think. I'm going through that right now with an
older toshiba satellite and see the same thing, but I don't think its
a show-stopper.