Backports -- limiting updates and pinning

I installed Postgresql 8.1 backport a few days ago.  Today I did an
upgrade on a Stable machine and it installed two *new* packages:

      libdns21 libisc11
      aspell
      libisccfg1 lsb-base rsync

Get:1 http://www.backports.org sarge-backports/main libisc11 1:9.3.2-1bpo1 [179kB]
Get:2 http://www.backports.org sarge-backports/main libdns21 1:9.3.2-1bpo1 [532kB]
Get:3 http://www.backports.org sarge-backports/main libisccfg1 1:9.3.2-1bpo1 [103kB]

My question is: why are *new* packages from backports being installed?

I had two Woody machines that had the same configuration, except one
machine had a few backports.  When it came to upgrade to Sarge the
one with Backports didn't cleanly upgrade.  So, I'm a little cautious
of backports now.

Following the instructions, here's how I installed Postgresql 8.1

    deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free

and in preferences I added this to limit what is installed:

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=sarge-backports
    Pin-Priority: 200

Then installed postgresql with:

    apt-get -t sarge-backports install postgresql-8.1 postgresql-server-dev-8.1

Should I now comment out the deb line for backports once Postgresql is
installed?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org