Re: Social Contract

Gene Heskett wrote:
> So would I.  But I'll be damned if I'll sit back and let them fix it by
> breaking the promise I was made in 1947 when I got an SS card so I
> could go to work the first time.  If they can do it without upsetting
> the systems results, then I'm pretty much all for it.

    There's two problems with this.  Someone, somewhere, is going to get
shafted.  That's just the rub of the game.  So why me instead of you?  Or the
next generation after me?  If not now, when?

    Here's the second problem.  Outside of good ol' Thurm(?) who's in Congress
now who was in then for you to hold accountable?  Aren't they as much in the
crapper as you are?  You're demanding they continue because of what their
predecessors put into place.

> Have you earned the same rights as I by putting your hard earned dollars
> into that revolving door as long as I have?

    Rights are not earned.  Rights are not granted.  Rights are inalienable
and enumerated.  You no more have a right to my property than I have rights to
yours.