Re: Social Contract

On Friday 28 April 2006 20:00, Steve Lamb wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> The pols of course.  They are the ones who set this ponzi scheme,
>> one that would jail you or I for an extended period if we were
>> caught doing it.
>
>    Then your aim is off.  They are supposed to answer to the
> population so your beef is with me.
>
>> But thats not my problem as I see it, its theirs (the pols) to
>> figure out how to fund the monthly auto deposit I now get in my
>> dotage.  You might think I'm a freeloader, and you have a 1st
>> amendment right to that opinion.
>
>    Guns, 2nd.  Speech, 1st.  You've got the wrong one when you're
> talking hunting and aiming.
>
>> My opinion is that I had no choice but to contribute into that fund
>> at ever increasing amounts as my income rose with the level of
>> expertise I gained and the experience warranted.  Now I want to get
>> some of it back, theoreticly with interest considering that a weeks
>> wages when I started this game is about an hours wages today.
>
>    Yes, I get that.  So you want to perpetuate the problem instead of
> solve it.  I'd rather solve it than perpetuate it.

So would I.  But I'll be damned if I'll sit back and let them fix it by
breaking the promise I was made in 1947 when I got an SS card so I
could go to work the first time.  If they can do it without upsetting
the systems results, then I'm pretty much all for it.

Now of course the SS card comes with the birth certificate, or nearly
so, but thats changing the subject and certainly not germain to this
discussion.

>> In the meantime I think I have
>> a right, based on all those years of contributing to this ponzi
>> scheme, to not have to make a choice of groceries or medicine,
>> groceries or property taxes, groceries or electricity, water, sewer,
>> telephone yadda yadda...
>
>    So your rights are trumping mine?  Nice.

Have you earned the same rights as I by putting your hard earned dollars
into that revolving door as long as I have?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: