Re: New user need some help

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:44:21AM -0500, anoop aryal wrote:
>On Thursday 27 April 2006 02:47, Magnus Therning wrote:

>> >As root,
>> >
>> >apt-get install x-window-system kde kdm
>>
>> I simply have to answer this.
>>
>> The command line above is clearly not right, it should of course say:
>>
>>  apt-get install x-window-system gnome gdm
>
>um, you're almost got it. really it should have been:
>
>apt-get install emacs21
>
>after all, once you're done loading the BIOS that is linux you do want a
>*real* OS, don't you?

Uh, after that you'll still need an editor:

 apt-get install vim

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

$my_args = shift;
system("gcc $my_args");
print "I prefer C\n";
     -- Robert Dieterich's contribution to the 2004 Perl Haiku Contest,
        Haikus in Perl - 'Dishonerable Mention' winner