Re: Social Contract

Steve Lamb wrote:
Christopher Nelson wrote:

Okay.  The DFSG are more supportive of developer's rights.

    Again, not true.  How exactly is a developer who releases under a non-DSFG
license somehow lower on the totem pole of rights?  Both protect the
developer's rights.  Both describe exactly what is and is not allowed.  The
only difference is what they restrict.

To put it another way, and in complete agreement with what you
wrote, people choose to use the licenses which agree with their
goals. Those who want to use GPL type license use that type, and
those who want some other type use that. So they restrict exactly
what they want to, and open exactly what they want to.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.