Re: New user need some help

On Thu, April 27, 2006 1:15 pm, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:47:07 +0100
> Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:

>> log on with no
>> get is the

>> >As root,
>> >
>> >apt-get install x-window-system kde kdm
>>
>> I simply have to answer this.
>>
>> The command line above is clearly not right, it should of course say:
>>
>>  apt-get install x-window-system gnome gdm
>>

> or for the more hardcore people/weaker machines/those who like a responsive
> window manager that can look as good if not better then the former two
>
> aptitude install x-window-system fvwm wdm
> or
> aptitude install x-window-system wmaker wdm
> or for the really really hard core
> aptitude install x-window-system ratpoison wdm
>
> ;-)

Don't forget fluxbox, it's very lightweight and can be made to look very pretty.

Here's what mine looks like: (worksafe)
http://omg-stfu.com/temp/desktop110105.jpg

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for
Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other
Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.