Re: New user need some help

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:15:05PM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:47:07 +0100
>Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:

>> >As root,
>> >
>> >apt-get install x-window-system kde kdm
>>
>> I simply have to answer this.
>>
>> The command line above is clearly not right, it should of course say:
>>
>>  apt-get install x-window-system gnome gdm
>>

>or for the more hardcore people/weaker machines/those who like a responsive
>window manager that can look as good if not better then the former two
>
>aptitude install x-window-system fvwm wdm
>or
>aptitude install x-window-system wmaker wdm
>or for the really really hard core
>aptitude install x-window-system ratpoison wdm
>
>;-)

Just thought I'd point out that ratpoison _can't_ look better than
anything else out there, simply because it doesn't "look" at all! :-)

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

DRM discourages piracy like Thalidomide promotes healthy childbirth.
     -- Mark Hewitt, on the ORG discuss list