Re: OT: From Linux switch Windows 98 partition by OpenBSD

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 04:13:45PM -0300, Fernando Augusto Bender wrote:
> Fellow,
>
> Thank you for your advices.
>
> Besides that, I also need to format the current windows partition in a
> openbsd one.
>
> Then to download the bsd.rd and and follow the procedures.
>
> I don't know if using just
>
> # mkfs -t sysv /dev/hda1
>
> would be enough for creating the partition.
>
> Then, with success i nthis step, I guess it is time to mount the
> partition and get proper files (openbsd bsd.rd).

That is probably a question that would be better put to an openbsd
mailing list.

In general I would let the installer from the system I was installing
look after its own formatting and filesytem setup. If you are following
a procedure designed to allow a bootstrap install from another OS, the
instructions should indicate what the filesystem requirements are.

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com