Re: xorg errors under sid

Digby Tarvin wrote:

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 05:06:49PM -0300, Bruno Buys wrote:
I'm trying to startx in sid under qemu. X won't start, with error lines like "could not init font path element /some-dir..., removing from list!"
And then, "Fatal server error: could not open default font 'Fixed'.

Snapshot is here http://gigante.homelinux.org/imagens/tela10.jpg

Some one help?

I had the same error after a new install of Etch a week or two ago.

It turned out that I needed to manually install x-window-system-core
and x-window-system, despite having specified 'workstation' as the
target configuration.

Not sure if that applies in your case with Sid..

Regards,
DigbyT
I figured doing:
apt-get --reinstall install xfonts-base

and installing the xfs font server fixed the problem. Not sure if this is the debian way, but its ok. I'm just qemuing my way into sid. I've been sarge-only, so far.

thanks!