Re: Gnome/KDE resources

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 01:16:16PM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Bill Thompson on 25/04/06 23:43, wrote:
> >I have also been playing with running openbox with Gnome and KDE
> >components (for example, openbox using gnome-panel with kdesktop) which
> >uses less resources than any of them, but still has that "Desktop
> >Environment" convenience.
>

> Cool. Do you launch them just by kicking off kdesktop and gnome-panel
> somewhere in the openbox config?

If I were to put them somewhere, it would be in my .xsession (if I used
xdm/gdm/kdm) or .xinitrc (if I used startx), right before the command
"exec openbox"--at least that's how I start docker and gkrellm, I don't
know if gnome-panel and kdesktop require anything else.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
I thought YOU silenced the guard!