etch mirrors, ppc, cannot find release file

hi

I've run into some problems trying to install etch beta 2 (netinstall). after configuring my network, I am asked to choose a mirror and then it starts searching for the release file on that mirror. thing is, it never finds the release file. I have tried all of the swedish mirrors listed, some danish, some german and some US ones. no success. I've done the configuring over and over again, plus it works just fine with the sarge installer, so I am positive the problem is not me configuring the network improperly.

I don't think it would matter, but the sarge installer names my ethernet "eth1: FireWire ethernet" and the etch installer names it "eth1: ethernet or fast ethernet"

thanks in advance
/stefan