Re: Building packages with apt-src with --enable-debug?

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2006-04-12 04:23:17, schrieb Adam Porter:
>> I'm trying to debug some annoying Jabber problems in Kopete.  I need to
>> build Kopete with --enable-debug.  Naturally, Kopete is part of
>> kdenetwork,
>> which is a huge package.  I'd like to build it with apt-src, but I can't
>> find any way to use configure flags.  I've also looked at
>> dpkg-buildpackage
>> and dh_builddeb.  I've checked the man pages and Google.  I'm probably
>> missing something obvious.  Any help?
>
> apt-get build-dep
> apt-get source kopete
>
> cd kopete-<$VERSION>
>
> $EDITOR debian/rules
>     Find the line(s) with "dh_strip" and coment them out.
>     Save the file and close the $EDITOR
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
> cd ..
>
> dpkg -i kopete_*.deb

Thanks for your kind reply, Michelle.  Actually a few days ago I came across
$DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS--I don't remember where.  Anyway, here's a topic on it I
just found on Google (be sure to read the rest of the thread for complete
accuracy):

http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2001/04/msg00188.html

I haven't actually *tried* it yet, but I'm hoping it will make it easy to do
this.  :)