Re: send hostname in dhclient.conf

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 05:03:32PM +0200, Daniel Gonzalez Schiller wrote:
> how can i do this that dhclient.conf send my hostname to the dhcp server?
> is there any script that copy the entry in /etc/hostname and paste it
> on /etc/dhclient.conf?

Take a look at the file /etc/dhclient.conf and the "send
host-name"-directive.

> why itsn't an automatic way like in SuSE (with yast) and in Windows or freebsd?
> thank u very much

In what way should it be automatic? Should dhclient automatically send the
contents of /etc/hostname to the DHCP-server?

Cheers,
-Berge

--
Berge Schwebs Bjørlo
   There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about