Re: Gnome/KDE resources

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 15:43 -0700, Bill Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:01:39 -0700
> Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I just switched to KDE from Gnome on Sid. In my subjective opinion,
> Gnome 2.14 runs much faster and with less resources than KDE 5.4.
>
> However, KDE appears to have more usage and configuration options which
> may make the resource use worthwhile to you.

The rumors from people who've them all is that KDE is visually a
lot like Win XP, and that GNOME is visually in the same "family"
as OS X.

Many complain that GNOME is dumbed down, and not configurable
enough.  I only entered that camp when I discovered that menu items
don't have Properties anymore.  Otherwise, I'm not into constant
fiddling.  But that's just me.

And yes, GNOME Terminal is an outrageous pig.  So I use rxvt.  Nice
and small and does what's needed.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to
reality."
Albert Einstein