Re: Fortune file!

On Monday 24 April 2006 17:54, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> I, also, live in Aloha, only about 3 miles from the 'center of the
> universe'.  I frequently pass within site of OSDL when I am out
> shopping.  I wonder how many of us on this list are in the immediate local?

I don't know.  It would be interesting to get a Portland-area Debianista
meet-up and key-signing party.

If we do get a meet-up going, please not in Aloha, that's too close to
Beaverton, and I'm still not over the fact Beaverton Police gave me a
speeding ticket on Allen Blvd by Beaverton Christian Church the same day they
refused to investigate someone getting shot to death a few hours later on the
same spot behind my house they cited me for going 31 in a 30 on a bicycle.
They're also too spineless to stop the drug dealing in front of Beaverton
High School when classes let out (they'll watch it happen in plain sight
right in front of them in their siezed-from-a-drug-dealer DARE car and do
nothing).  Beaverton's not safe and there is no (useful) police in that city
(and I used to live at MLK and Killingsworth Street in Portland!); I feel
Linus may have moved there for the same reason he moved to California:
Didn't realize it's not the part of the [country|state] you ever want to live
for any income or length of time before he got there.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber