Re: C/C++ toolchain

On Monday, April 24, 2006 5:49 AM GMT,
Matthew R. Dempsky <mrd@alkemio.org> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 04:50:54AM +0100, IraqiGeek wrote:
Is there a simple way to install a C/C++ toolchain into debian
(sarge) without having to select each package manually under
aptitude (nor installing everything under the devel category)?

The ``build-essential'' package depends on (unsurprisingly) the
essential packages for building C/C++ programs under Debian.

However, when I try to compile motor 3.4.0, configure exits with an
error saying ncurses terminal library isnt installed, which according
to aptitude it is, and I have manually installed ncurses-term using
apt-get.

You probably need to install libncurses5-dev.

Mathew and Stephen,

Thanks, it was libncurses5-dev indeed. Once I installed it, I was able to
compile  motor without issues. Hope I now have a basic C/C++ toolchain
functioning without problems.

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com

"Balls" said Pooh, in an attitude a bit more forthright than usual.