Re: Debian and TV out

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
Simon, please reply to the list (in case I write something really

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 08:27:47AM -0400, Simon Meelich wrote:
sorry for not getting back to you.....
that's good news. i have a ATI Radeon Express 2000 onboard). Right now my xorg.conf is pretty simple and only configured for one monitor (see attached file). I tried to get it to work with aticonfig, but I just couldn't do it. I got rid of the scrambled picture (it turned out to be a driver problem). However I can only use one device (either LCD monitor or TV). If I boot up my PC with the monitor pluged in, then it's the monitor. If I boot up w/o my monitor pluged in, but with the TV pluged in, I get the picture on TV.

that's sounds like its working properly. Are you trying to get a two
headed configuration? Does your card support using both outputs at once?
I kinda doubt it, but you'd have to research that. Otherwise, based on
what you've described (and without looking at your xorg.conf) I'd say
you've got it working properly.

thanks for the hint. Apparently me graphic card (ATI Radeon Express 200) does not support simult. output to both devices. Still, I wonder if it would be possible to change between TV out and VGA. For the moment I have to unplug my VGA cable and restart X, then I get the screen on my TV. Does anybody know of an easier way?