Re: Some errors since recent upgrades

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 17:56:05 +0300, David Baron wrote:
> 1.
> Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33:
> Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33: Fatal server error:
> Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33: Xp Extension: could not find config
> dir /usr/X11/xserver/C/print
> Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33:
> Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33: Xprint server pid=3860 done, exitcode=0.
>
> 2. unable to find an encoding.dir directory so truetype fonts might not work.
> (error text not available in logcheck or dmesg)

1. and 2. sound like you are on Sid with Xorg 7.0. If so, make sure you
have xprint version 1:1.0.1-1 installed. The older versions are not
aware of the fact that the location of Xorg's root directory now follows
the FHS, therefore they are unable to find some important files.

> 3. proftpd is looking for a configuration files that no longer exists. (error
> text not available in logcheck or dmesg) I recall seeing something in the
> change logs on this a while back.

If want to see and copy/paste the error message, you can restart proftpd
from an X terminal:

invoke-rc.d proftpd restart

(I have no specific knowledge of proftpd, but this general method should
be a good start to track down the problem.)

--
Regards,
          Florian