Re: Some errors since recent upgrades

On Sunday 23 April 2006 18:26, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 17:56:05 +0300, David Baron wrote:
> > 1.
> > Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33:
> > Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33: Fatal server error:
> > Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33: Xp Extension: could not find config
> > dir /usr/X11/xserver/C/print
> > Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33:
> > Apr 23 17:35:18 d_baron Xprt_33: Xprint server pid=3860 done, exitcode=0.
> >
> > 2. unable to find an encoding.dir directory so truetype fonts might not
> > work. (error text not available in logcheck or dmesg)
>
> 1. and 2. sound like you are on Sid with Xorg 7.0. If so, make sure you
> have xprint version 1:1.0.1-1 installed. The older versions are not
> aware of the fact that the location of Xorg's root directory now follows
> the FHS, therefore they are unable to find some important files.

I have whatever the latest is on Sid. I did not do the Xorg7 upgrade until
there was a "new" xprint available since otherwize, it got removed.

> > 3. proftpd is looking for a configuration files that no longer exists.
> > (error text not available in logcheck or dmesg) I recall seeing something
> > in the change logs on this a while back.
>
> If want to see and copy/paste the error message, you can restart proftpd
> from an X terminal:
>
> invoke-rc.d proftpd restart

sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd start yields:

Starting ftp server: proftpd - Fatal: ModulePath: error checking
'/var/lib/proftpd': No such file or directory on line 7 of
'/etc/proftpd/modules.conf'
 failed!