Re: three questions about debian

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 11:18:48AM +1000, Star King of the Grape Trees wrote:
> It is much, much better  to use native programs, then if you can't find
> native programs for linux, you may give wine a go.  Some people must use
> emulators (ie, VMWare), and some (like me) are forever doomed to
> dualbooting.

I have recently found rdesktop to be fairly useful for running Windows
programs from Linux machines.

For example, a lot of my professors have an obnoxious habit of creating
Powerpoint files that do not render well in OpenOffice.org (e.g. figures
get distorted or labels get misplaced).  Fortunately, our University's
Windows labs have Remote Desktop enabled, so I can log into them from
home and use PDFCreator to convert them to PDFs.