Re: three questions about debian

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 06:29:08PM -0700, Xplicit Language wrote:
> thank you roberto and i did not know that i was being
> rude, i will try to remember to bottom post.

I think it's a bit extreme to say top posting is ``rude,'' but I would
certainly agree that it makes reading posts a bit more difficult.

That said, proper posting style doesn't consist of just typing your
reply below the entire original post (despite how many people here do
that)---you should also snip out the irrelevent bits of the original
post and interweave your responses as appropriate.

Remember, you're writing your email with the hope that others will read
it and provide feedback.  Spending an extra minute formatting your
message to make it easier to read makes it that much more likely someone
will read it and respond.

(If it takes me too long to try to read an email, I'm more likely to
just skip it than to spend any extra time reading it---there are too
many other posts that people have taken the time to compose more
carefully.)